ShareThis

ShareThis

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

NOTICE!!!!!

I have moved my blog to craftpassion.com,
please go there for updated post. I am no longer posting my blog
here.


May 3, 2009

It's A Pear, It's A Purse, It's A Pear-Shaped Purse


I finally finished this project - a pear-shaped frame clutch purse. If you have been following my blog, you probably know that I got this pear fabric from Lollychops. She sent me this fabric to make a frame clutch purse out of it. I made it and used up all the fabric!!!! I love this fabric and I am going to check with Lollychops if Spoonflower still have it :)
From paper modelling to sewing up and completing it took me 4 nights to accomplish. At the beginning, I designed a paper pattern with a big bottom just like the pear shown in the fabric but it looked very weird. Not only did it look funny but the lumpy bottom really made the purse unable to support itself to stand up straight. So, I trimmed it down to a "well-balanced" form and it looks perfectly normal now :). I also added a stem and a leave to mimic the pear look.
The purse measures a size 11.5cmW x 15cm H, enough to accomodate some cash, cosmatics and even a small mobile phone.

As usual, my beautifully hand emroidered label is in there :))
Only one??? No no no, I made another one, a simple one from the left-over fabric. This one is a quick one, within a day to produce.
Which one do you like the most? A real-looking pear purse or the simple one?


Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

LollyChops May 3, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

This is awesome! I knew as soon as I saw that fish purse that a pear was in your future! Thanks for making this! I hope you enjoy your new pear purse!

HUGS!

Rachael Hutchings May 4, 2009 at 1:35 AM  

Oh my goodness, that is beyond awesome!

Meg@MegaCrafty May 4, 2009 at 3:23 AM  

Wow these are amazing. Both are very cute but I really love the one with the stem and the leaf.

adrienne May 11, 2009 at 1:57 AM  

Wow, awesome bags! I adore the pear-shaped purse, it's fantastic!

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP