ShareThis

ShareThis

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

NOTICE!!!!!

I have moved my blog to craftpassion.com,
please go there for updated post. I am no longer posting my blog
here.


May 5, 2009

My First Apron - A Gift To A Fellow Blogger

I made my first apron specially for my best friend Bee Yinn of Rasa Malaysia, who is also the owner/writer/chef/photographer of the famous food blog for Asian Recipes and Cooking. I always wanted to make something for her as thank you gift for inspiring me to blogabout my hobby! Without her encouragement, there wouldn't be Craft Passion. This saga began last year when she came back for holidays from California, she encouraged me to create a blog, knowing that I am passionate about handicraft, so that I can post up my craftworks to let the world see my creations.
I specially designed this apron for her after I saw the recent interview by a local newspaper Kwang Wah Daily about her food blog. I think she really needed an nice apron for the press exposure :)

I used a tea-towel-like fabric as the base material of the apron and ran a batik lining around it to create a Malaysian feel. I bought this handprinted batik fabric from Terengganu, a state on the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia. This apron is reversible, with Rasa Malaysia appliques on one side and plain appearance on the other side.

Besides using it as an apron, she can also fold it and use it as a table mat for her food photography.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Rasa Malaysia May 6, 2009 at 10:01 AM  

Thank you for the apron. Haven't cooked for a while, take a mini break while I enjoy my new car. Hehe.

Craftpassion May 6, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

RM - You are welcome. Hope to see your next recipe soon. Bring me to "ronda-ronda" with your new car when I visited you :))

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy May 6, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

What a wonderful job you did. It is beautiful and so thoughtful too!

Stay Cozy & Crafting,
Carrie

Anonymous,  May 7, 2009 at 11:55 PM  

you will like www.etsy.com and may be will have a shop there - good luck!

Craftpassion May 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM  

Carrie - Thanks. This is what friends are for :)
Anonymous - I planned to set-up a store at etsy in future. Thanks.

lk May 11, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

This apron is really beautiful and impressive! Guess you must have put a lot of brain juice to come out with this unique design! I have to say it once more, u r very talented!

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP