ShareThis

ShareThis

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

NOTICE!!!!!

I have moved my blog to craftpassion.com,
please go there for updated post. I am no longer posting my blog
here.


Feb 24, 2009

Belated Valentine's Day - Food Of Love



I was so sick on the weekend of the Valentine's Day. Bad flu with heavy running nose and cough. I was not in the frame of mind to celebrate this romantic occasion with my husband who is on his way to catching my virus. It is just not a good time to get sick when we have two kids to take care of.
That's over now and very glad that our kids didn't pick up the virus. I was so happy and in such a good mood that I wanted to cook our favourite food, spaghetti!!! I seldom cook though I am good, just that I am lazy. I will only cook for pleasure and for love. So, we celebrated our Valentine's day a week later. If there is love, everyday should be Valentine's day!!!! If you can see from the photos, I didn't sprinkle any pamersan cheese on it and there is a story behind it.
Since we are on the subject of Valentine's Day, I thought I'd tell you a story about spaghetti and the subject of love. Spaghetti is my all-time favourite but it wasn't my husband preference before he knew me. During our early days of courtship, he brought me to a romantic little restaurant in town which serves good western food. He ordered a lamb stew and mine was bolognaise spaghetti for the main course. The waitress served his lamb stew and it looked and smelled great, so he started eating his main course. After I finished my starter, it was my turn to have my main course served. As usual, I would ask for more pamersan cheese. The waitress brought me a can of it and without think twice, I shook a lot of it onto my spaghetti and ate as usual. After a while, realising that my husband stopped eating his meal with a pale looking face, I asked him "are you full?" he said "yes, I am." but he hardly finished half of his tasty lamd stew in front of him. I didn't suspect anything and continue with mine.
After going out for a few times and I noticed that whenever I ordered spaghetti, my husband would lose his appetite half way through. Silly me found out much later that he hates the smell of pamersan cheese. ha ha ha :p Yes, not many people, especially asians like the smell of pamersan, the smell is akin to "baby vomit".
It took him years to tatse his first spaghetti and it was from my cooking. I am so glad that he likes it now but he still won't eat it anywhere else unless I cook it. It surely must be love, for him to tolerate the smell and not tell me about it until much later!!!! Food Of Love!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Rasa Malaysia February 25, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

This looks so good and colorful, I sense a new food blogger in Craft Passion. :)

Craftpassion February 25, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

Thanks, Rasa Malaysia. I wish I can be 1/2 of your talent in food and cooking. Will try to cook and post up some nice dishes onto my blog :)

Anonymous,  March 12, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

its look a delicious food.. yummie ^^,
hopefully i can cook for my special one too..

Craftpassion March 12, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

Polaris - It is delicious, my daughter never have enough of it :) Yeah, you should cook one day!

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP