ShareThis

ShareThis

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

NOTICE!!!!!

I have moved my blog to craftpassion.com,
please go there for updated post. I am no longer posting my blog
here.


Feb 25, 2009

Tutorial - Felting on "Chi Chai Monchan"

This is the monkey, Chi Chai Monchan that I planned to made as part of the frame clutch purse to my friend, Sumay.
I would like to show you the process to make one, hope you will try it out too.

Colour selection of the felt material.
Making cardboard stamplates for each part of the body.
Cut out the required shapes and sizes as shown below according to the felt colour you chose. Sew the cheek to the face. Mark the eyes and mouth with water based erasable pen (the ink will disappear with contact in water). Then sew the face to the body.

Fill in the polyfill to add more dimension to the face.
Complete sewing the face.
This is how it looks after completing the face. Embroider the eyes with black thread and the mouth with pink. Again, embroider it after stuffing with polyfill will add some depth for the features.
Now, you can sew the body to the fabric surface you want to complete the felt project.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Joanne February 26, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

Oh he is so cute! Nice job.

Arlette February 26, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

Very cute! Thank you for the tutorial. I enjoyed browsing your blog and seeing the wonderful things that you make.
The money bouquet that I made was given to my niece for her birthday. I hope you give it a try when you have the time.
Aloha!

Craftpassion March 3, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

Thanks Joanne & MouseChirpy, I enjoy following your blogs too.... Hope to share more with you all.

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP