ShareThis

ShareThis

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

NOTICE!!!!!

I have moved my blog to craftpassion.com,
please go there for updated post. I am no longer posting my blog
here.


Feb 7, 2009

Manek Purse & Shoes

I made a frame clutch purse to go with the kasut manek I did weeks ago.

The time I took to complete this purse was greater than the shoes. It took me about 3 weeks to complete it. Just imagine sewing tiny beads one by one to the cross-sticth canvas, and there are thousands of them.
In order to make the purse look more girlie, I added some yo-yo flowers onto it. The yo-yo flowers are made by using Clover quick Yo-yo flower maker. These Yo-yo flowers are easy to make, just follow the instructions which come with the tool. Basically it consists of two pieces of plastic parts, a tray and a disc. Fit the disc into the tray, sandwiching a piece of fabric between the two pieces. Sew according to the instruction, remove the tray and disc, pull the string and gather up the fabric to form a flower, tie the string and stitch into the bag. That's it, pretty easy to make a beautiful flower in just a couple of minutes. May be I should demostrate it in my future tutorial section. The method to make the leaf is even easier than the flower, just fold a round piece of fabric into quarter fold and stitch the end side of it, pull the string and gather the fabric, taadaa... a leaf is formed.
Upon finishing all parts for the purse, it is time to join them up to assmble a cute purse. I did mention the method to make a Frame Clutch Handbag in my previous post, please click here to go there.
I hope the instructions aren't too confusing. Please leave some comments and questions should you have any, I would love to share as much as possible. I hope I have inspired my readers to get into crafting!!!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

bunzi February 12, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

the flowers look very nice and the leaf too. :D

Joanne February 13, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

Love the beadwork - so intricate!

Craftpassion March 3, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

I am just wonder if this kind of craft popular in your country?

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP