ShareThis

ShareThis

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

NOTICE!!!!!

I have moved my blog to craftpassion.com,
please go there for updated post. I am no longer posting my blog
here.


Apr 18, 2009

Tote Bag Made From Recycled Material

See what I have made over the past few days.... a tote bag using all recycled material. This is what I called it TRULY Recycle bag!!!

Basically this tote is made from:
1.
Fused Grocery Platic Bag which I have shown you on my previous few posts. See the red patch with "Esprit" on it, I like this the most :))
2. My old soft jeans
3. My old but seldom used curtain, blue fabric with diamond-shaped print on it
4. Rice sack, the brown colour fabric. You can use potato sack or peanut sack to replace it.

One.....


Two..... Three!!!!

Three designs in one bag!!!! You have the choice to choose which design to go with, be it a "branded bag" with "Esprit" (one of my favourite fashion boutiques), or as a baby bag with a baby drawing as a pocket, or just a plain blue diamond printing bag... it is your preference for the day :))

Look at the stripes above, they are the foot ends of my jeans.

And, this litte rolling reel is made from the side seams of my jeans. Just roll it up and bond it with fabric glue, sew it on the bag by making a few decorative stitches at the centre of this seam reel. I was inspired by Polka Dot Pineapple when Lettie shown us how to make a coaster out of the seams of the jeans.

The amazing Fused Grocery Plastic Sheet that I have made has turned into something stylish. I have changed it's life from being just "grocery plastic bag" :p

Guess where did I get this baby picture from? And the alphabet on top of it "KEA"?
...
...
...
...
...
Mothercare and Ikea, got them right?

"This Tote Bag is specially dedicated to EARTH DAY, April 22....
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle please!!!!"

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

SleightGirl April 18, 2009 at 12:42 AM  

Wow! That bag is awesome!!!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy April 18, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

What a wonderful bag...you are so talented.

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Arlette April 22, 2009 at 4:51 AM  

Very cute and very smart. What a fabulous way to care for our planet!
Happy Earth Day!
Aloha,
Lettie

mushroommeadows April 22, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

This is the perfect bag to celebrate Earth Day! :) I LOVE it!!!

Anne April 22, 2009 at 10:58 PM  

WOW!!! This is such a cool bag!! I posted a link to your project on Craft Gossip Sewing Blog:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/lookie-what-she-made-100-recycled-tote/2009/04/22/
--Anne

Food For Tots April 23, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

I really admire your creativity. Your kids are so lucky. I luv all the tote bags you made!

Joanne April 24, 2009 at 2:04 AM  

I'm linking this on my blog today!

Craftpassion April 24, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

Thanks all for your kind words. I will continue to work hard to create more craftworks :)

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP