ShareThis

ShareThis

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

NOTICE!!!!!

I have moved my blog to craftpassion.com,
please go there for updated post. I am no longer posting my blog
here.


Mar 29, 2009

Fresh New Look Of My Tote Bag

Finally, after a week of hardwork on the face-lifting, my old tote bag has a fresh new look!!!!
Taa Daaaaa....
A "Daisy Tote"!!!!

This takes a lot more than my original plan and why it took me so long to finish it :p. I was thinking of just crocheting a flower*** which I learned from an "Irish Crochet-Lace Book", sew onto it and sew a piece of simple internal lining with a zipped pocket.

***Remark: If you notice my blog header, you will see a picture of a similar white flower over there, that is the test piece I did monthssss ago.
As I work on it, the internal lining get more and more elaborate. I want it to be my new born baby's daiper bag, the internal lining must look soft and comfortable, so I did some diagonal quilt sewings onto it with a piece of poly-fluffy....

Then, I need something to hold the milk bottle or thermoflask upright so that it won't accidentally lay horizontal and cause liquids to leak out. If you experienced the leakage before you will know how messy it gets. I attached two elastic bands at the side of it to hold the bottles.


It is still not enough to be a diaper bag. What about the diapers and wet tissue? I want them to be in a proper place so that I can access them easily. Again, another strip of elastic band across the bag. I put a magnet button instead of dead stitching it for the elastic to hold the diaper and wet tissue independantly. In future, I can choose to accommodate wider things like books and don't have to take the stitches out. Flexible and adaptable to whatever occasion huh~
This is how the internal looks like in flat before I sew them into the tote. Upper is my diaper bag arrangement and it can transform to other bag (bottom) one day when my baby grows up. I believe this tote can last for years :)
As usual, I put my beautiful lable on the zipped pocket - "Handmade by Craftpassion" :)
I brought it out this morning for my 6 month-old's vaccination jabs and got these reactions from the clinic assistants. Their eyes stared at my daisy tote the moment I walked in and their eyes were watching the tote where ever I walked. Before I left, one of the clinic assistants finally articulated her desire and asked me where I bought this tote and it is so beautiful.... haa haa haa I was so happy and felt like floating up to the sky and replied "Oh thanks, it is the only one in the world and it was made by me". Their eyes turned so big like they don't believe it and seconds later they asked if I am going to make another one and sell to them, I just gave them a smile and replied politely " I am afraid not! This is specially for my baby".... oh the gratification is undescribable!!!! Wonders of HANDMADE, no two pieces of works are identical and the admiration spurs me on to create more!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

Joanne March 31, 2009 at 1:22 AM  

This is beautiful - and so organized!

Rasa Malaysia March 31, 2009 at 2:34 PM  

So cute, I want a very casual ones, say in white color, but without the daisy. Hehe.

Meg@MegaCrafty March 31, 2009 at 10:42 PM  

I love how you made the organization on the inside versatile so it can go from a diaper bag to a casual tote bag. What a great project- so well thought out- and a great reuse of an old tote.

Arlette April 1, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

Love the story and this bag is too cute and very fucntional to boot! You did a fabulous job at redoing your old bag. I bet there will be a lot of envious mommy's out there who will want one of their own.
Aloha!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy April 1, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

It is wonderful...I love handmade...it is undeniably special! Your lucky little baby...you did a great job..Now back to bed for me.. Thanks for your kind words.

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Ateliete Events April 1, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

Wowwwwwwww this is the most amazing baby's daiper bag that I have seen! CONGRATULATIONS!
In the end of the story I was thinking about to ask you if you would do others baby's daiper bags to sell, ohhhhh desapointed hahahaha!
CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR BABY, JUST MAMA ;) All the best for your family.
Your comment in my block is VERY WELCOME, but I don't know why it was in my SPAM mailbox, jus read today :o/

I write also a little bit in english i my blog, first Dutch cause Im living in the Netherland, second in english and last but not least in português, my original language ;)
Porcelain dolls are my passion.
If some day I wanna buy something from you, how do I do??? Do you live in Malasya??
Your bagsare WONDERFUL!!!
Soo keep in touch, I'm following your blog ;)
See ya
Eliete
Ateliete® - Cold Porcelin and Cia
http://ateliete.blogspot.com

Food For Tots April 2, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

I am not a big fan in bags, but your "make-over" tote bag looks so impressive and trendy! I am so jealous of your talent!

Craftpassion April 2, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

Thanks for all your kind words on my tote. I just can't stop using it now. Instead of being my baby's diaper bag, I am bringing it to work ha ha ha!!!

Joanne - I received your fabric, thanks. going to think of what to do with it :)

Rasa Malaysia - I am making something for you but not a bag :p Love your blog and cooking :)

Meg - Can't wait to see your bunny!

Arlette - We are both "bagaholic", I love your creation on bag too.

Carrie - take care and get lots of rest!

Arteliete - looking forward to see more of your porcelain dolls creations. I might make some bag for sale in future if I have time :) hopefully!

Food For Tots - I love your cooking and will cook for my kid one day with your yummy recipe.

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP