ShareThis

ShareThis

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

NOTICE!!!!!

I have moved my blog to craftpassion.com,
please go there for updated post. I am no longer posting my blog
here.


Mar 21, 2009

Tatting Lace

Have you ever been confronted with a limited choice of patterns when choosing lace from the shop? I do, and my sister does too. This is why she started learning and doing her own tatting lace. How about me? Why I didn't do it myself? I wish I could do it now... ah... too many new crafts to try out with so little time I have. I hope to do it one day and share with you my joys and sorrows throughout the process.
We love tatting lace, unlike those mass production machined laces, tatting laces are made from very fine cotton threads which are softly lustrous to give them a very refined appearance. Those photos shown above are the tatting laces my sister did by following the books. Her works are so fine that I couldn't find any flaws in them. It is not easy to tat from a series of knots and loops by using the tatting shuttles, the tension must be right in order to make a nice lace. One single mistake in the process, that's it, no way to correct it but to redo it again from the start.Share with me if you have any tatting experience!!!!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Meg@MegaCrafty March 22, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

Wow this is so beautiful! I haven't tried tatting lace myself, but have heard how difficult it is. These are amazing!!!

Craftpassion March 22, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

Hi Meg, you are right, it is not easy to do. I will send your compliment to my sister, she will be so happy to hear this. Thanks...

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy March 24, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

Oh my goodness...your sister's lace is gorgeous! That certainly must take a great deal of dedication and precision! Kudos to your sister. Thanks for sharing it with us. Hope you have a great week!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Arlette March 27, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

They're so beautiful and intricate. Tell your sister that she does beautiful work.
I tried tatting a very long time ago and made a few flowers but that is as far as I got. I just don't have the patience for such intricate work.
Take care.
Aloha!

Tat-a-Renda March 29, 2009 at 1:55 AM  

Your sister does beautiful tatting. If you can spare the time, you should start learning from her. As you say, it is a beautiful craft and you'll never regret learning it.

Unknown April 19, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

Fabulous! Your sister's tatting is lovely! For a minute I thought I'd just "met" a fellow tatter. I hope you do learn it someday! If you and your sis love tatting I'd love to invite you both over to my blog! Come on over! It's all about the tatting over there! :)

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP