ShareThis

ShareThis

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

NOTICE!!!!!

I have moved my blog to craftpassion.com,
please go there for updated post. I am no longer posting my blog
here.


Mar 14, 2009

Turtle Pincushion - Greeny & Pinky


Did you get it right? [click here to see the question]. Yup, the hexagon quilt is for the back of my little turtle pincushion. Let me introduce ***drum roll***** WELCOME, Ms.Pinky and Mr. Greeny!!!
I created Greeny as an experiment, if you go back to my hexagon quilt tutorial post, you will see Greeny is hiding in the background as I photographed the steps. From idea, to paper, to sewing and finally the birth of my turtle pincushion, I created my first sea creature. The project went on smoothly and I never thought that I can be successful in the very first trial. Lucky me, I think!The toughest part for the hexagon quilting is the fabric matching part. I sat in my craft room with my pile of fabrics around me ***matching matching matching***, half a day gone by and I still can't make up my mind which colour theme to choose. Finally I decided to have a green male turtle, this is how Greeny was created and got his name!
Draw, draw, draw, cut, cut, cut and sew, sew, sew... taa daa.... here he is, exactly like what I had in mind! Yippy yah yah yah!!!He is so cute that I couldn't help myself and wanted to make another one. Mmmm, may be I should make one for my sister. She is as "crafty" as me and her work is so fine that every piece made is perfect. I will add her works into my blog to share with you all, and I hope she will grant me the permission to do so.
Ok, coming back to my turtle tale: --- Since Greeny is a male turtle, I want to make him a girlfriend [they ended up apart when I gave her away to my sister, sob, sob, sob :( ] .
What colour symbolize feminity? ***Pink***, yeah!!! I have some left-over pink felt from Chi-Chai Monchan felting that I had used as a part of the purse for my friend Sumay.
Sew, sew, sew.... Pinky is hatched!!!
Pinky is the improved version of Greeny, I made a bottom shell for her which Greeny doesn't have. I even machine-sew her back for 2 more circles to add more dimension. She has bigger eyes, she even has eye-lashes on it but it is too short to see in the photos :p

Ouch, ouch, ouch!!! Hubby said that I am too heartless, poking needles into them, wouldn't I feel their pain? They are pincushion afterall!!! So, I decided to fully utilize them by poking more pins into them.... Ouch, ouch, ouch!!!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Arlette March 15, 2009 at 3:30 AM  

I love your turtles!! Sea turtles, or honu as they are called in Hawaiian, are very special creatures to islanders. Your quilted honu are just the cutest!
Aloha!

Craftpassion March 16, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

Hi MouseChirpy, we called it "Penyu" in Malay language. Thanks.

Suze March 16, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

Those turtles are so cute! What a cute idea.

KittsKrafts March 17, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

Your turtles are so adorable! I love them!
=^..^=

Anonymous,  March 19, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

Oh, I love these turtles. They are the best. Love your stuff. Great blog! Thanks!

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP