ShareThis

ShareThis

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

NOTICE!!!!!

I have moved my blog to craftpassion.com,
please go there for updated post. I am no longer posting my blog
here.


Mar 12, 2009

Basic Hexagon Quilting - Tutorial

I am doing bit of hexagon quilting during the weekend for a project. I am not telling what it is, you got to guess. Some photos here should give you a great hint!!! I will post up the finished piece, so come back later to check out. See if you get it right! Sorry, no prize!
Since I am doing it, I photographed the steps just to show you the process to make a hexagon quilt.
First, you need to cut out the hexagon shape cardboards and fabrics of your choice. The size of the fabric must be big enough so that you can fold it over like the picture shown below. An estimation of double the size of your hexagon cardboard is required.
Tack stitch the fabric while folding it to the cardboard as shown. This is to secure the fabric in place in the shape of a hexagon.

The back.The front.
With front facing each other, sew the 2 pieces up. Only pick the fabric to sew, not the cardboard.
After sewing a centre piece surrounding by 6 hexagons, you will get a flower look of 6 petels. The one I made (as shown on the first photo) is slightly different where I have 2 centre pieces and that make it look elongated like an oval shape. That is going to be my secret project that I will tell you later. So, stay tuned!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

GreenWitch March 13, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

六角形我都好喜歡,不過懶還未開始……

Suze March 16, 2009 at 1:23 PM  

Do you ever take out the cardboard? Are you sewing through the cardboard? As you can tell, I've never done hexagon quilting before.

Craftpassion March 16, 2009 at 11:22 PM  

Hi Suze, Sorry for skipping the details, thanks for pointing it out. Yes, you need to take out the cardboard after joining up all hexagons (1st photo).

YY,  April 1, 2009 at 10:44 PM  

this recall my memory when I were small, my mum also asked me to sew it....Wah..you didn't drop ur hobby..Yenny

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP