ShareThis

ShareThis

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

NOTICE!!!!!

I have moved my blog to craftpassion.com,
please go there for updated post. I am no longer posting my blog
here.


Mar 4, 2009

Sowing The Seed Of Health - Wheatgrass

I have been a bit of health conscious recently and have adopted better eating habits. One of the health foods I am trying out is wheatgrass, which is known to provide nutrition and has unique curative properties.
I wish to share the way I grow my wheatgrass and hope that you will try to grow some and start drinking it :)

Material:
1. Wheatgrass seed (organic), 3 table spoon (you can get it from your local organic store)
2. A bowl
3. Filtered Water
4. Polyfoam or shallow pot with proper drainage (I reused the polyfoam from my take-way)
5. Kitchen Towel
6. Organic soil

First of all you need to separate out the good and bad grains. Only pick those with whole grain shape seed to plant. You must take out the broken pieces as it will get rot and kill your wheatgrass plant.

Soak them for 24 hours with filtered water, water must cover above the seed for proper soaking.

After 24 hours, drain off the water and rinse the seed. If you see any broken pieces, pick it out and throw away. It happens sometimes to fail to spot it in the first round. Place a wet cloth over the bowl and cover it up for 8 hours. Let the seeds sprout.
Prepare the sowing ground for the seed. I poked some holes on my reused take-away polyfoam. Place a kitchen towel onto it.
Spread out the sprouted seeds evenly onto it.
Cover it with a thin layer of organic soil, just enough to cover the seeds.
Sprinke water until the soil gets wet thoroughly. You need to water it 3 times a day, morning, afternoon and night before bedtime.
Place it by the window for it to get some sunlight.
Wait and let the seeds grow.
This is what you are going to see in 1 or 2 days' time.
The wheatgrass will be fully grown between 6 - 8 days. you can either blend or juice it with other fruits and veges, or just purely the wheatgrass alone.
Sit back and enjoy a glass of healthy juice to rejuvenate the cells of your body!!!!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

mushroommeadows March 5, 2009 at 5:27 AM  

wow! They're so pretty and healthy, too! :)

Craftpassion March 5, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

Hi mushroommeadows! The wheatgrass is very easy to grow, you can do it as well! How is your thyme plant?

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP